4th of July is just a couple days away and many people enjoy visiting with family and friends and attending outdoor events. If you are one of the many of us that enjoys hosting these outdoor parties – Real Property Management Houston has come up with some Fourth of July Outdoor Celebration Ideas that can be fun but thrifty as well!
- You don’t have to spend a ton on decorating, you can certainly hit the local Dollar Stores for your decorating needs and even paper goods.
- You can also find some great things at thrift or second-hand stores. You can find cake stands, vases and metal buckets and spray paint them in red, white and blue hues. Use them to display your appetizers, desserts, hold flowers, flags, etc.
- Get colored table cloths, colored napkins, plates and flatware. These add a lot of color for very little cost. Balloons are a great festive way to add color and they’re such a bargain. Also, carnations are super inexpensive and very resilient even in the heat and you can usually find them in all 3 colors during this time—fresh flowers are always beautiful and happy.
- Hit your local antique store and get precious little antique bottles and paint them with blue spray paint and fill them with red Gerber Daisies…..or maybe clear bottles with blue hydrangeas. You can get some clear glass vases or hurricanes and some clear marbles or glass stones and you can put some red or blue candles inside, or get some red and blue votive holders to put inside them and then just use inexpensive white tea lights. By using clear vases and clear glass stones or marbles, you’d be able to use them for other times of the year too. Tea lights down inside of the vases would actually work best since they are nice and small.
- The most important part is to get plenty of American Flags to use for table centerpieces and decorating your lawn and flower beds. Get alot since the kid’s love to wave them around and get into the spirit.
- Streamers are fun and festive. You could also use streamers to tie to chair backs. Try using some red apples in blue buckets or strawberries in white bowls. You can use string lights , Discount stores have cute star shaped string lights that you can hang outside. Another idea is to fill wooden baskets and fake grass and then add baseballs and blue and red croquet balls.
More Fourth of July Outdoor Celebration Ideas coming in the next Real Property Management Houston Blog. Stay tuned and Happy 4th of July!